pique (a verb) (pronounced: peek)
1. to affect with sharp irritation and resentment, especially by some wound to pride: “She was greatly piqued when they refused her invitation.”
2. to wound (the pride, vanity, etc.).
5. Archaic. to pride (oneself) (usually followed by on or upon).
6. to arouse pique in someone: an action that piqued when it was meant to soothe.
Used as a noun
7. a feeling of irritation or resentment, as from a wound to pride or self-esteem: to be in a pique.
8. Obsolete. a state of irritated feeling between persons.